Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Ignoramusings

We are living in the Information Age, right?! We are on the threshold of a Brave New World, where different modes of communication will converge to create a wired e-niverse where all information will be just a click away, isn’t it?! The medium will be passé, Marshall McLuhan be damned. We are already fiddling around with sub-atomic particles, trying to peer into the backyards of our possible alien neighbours a million light years away and some stupid jerk somewhere is probably tracking my online activities even as I post this blog. But, hey, just before we start jumping around with joy because the power of technology can now bring to our bedrooms every intimate detail of Paris Hilton’s amorous proclivities, let’s do a reality check. I for one believe that no matter how far we may go on the information superhighway, the masses, meaning me and you, we will always have to make do with trivia, the larger issues will always elude us. Look at me, there are so many things that I do not know and that bothers me no end.

I DON’T KNOW what to do about adipose that is accumulating layer upon layer around my midriff.

I DON’T KNOW what is happening to the PF that my previous employers owe me and which I am just not getting around to retrieve.

I DON’T KNOW why my digestive system just can’t take up the challenge of trying to assimilate any food that is remotely spicy.

I DON’T KNOW why the PC at home just refuses to respond if I don’t reboot it a zillion times.

I DON’T KNOW how these stupid telemarketing companies get hold of my cellphone number.

I DON’T KNOW why my life so unerringly follows the dictates of Murphy’s Law.

Come to think of it, I DON’T EVEN KNOW what the hell I am doing here!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?